As an experiment, I had chosen PST as my timezone while setting up the google analytics for this site, and now when I wanted to set it to IST (my actual timezone) I just could not find the option.
I remember exactly where it was in the old interface but never had to do this on the current interface.
I had to waste almost 2 hours searching before I finally found the correct information on how to do it. So I decided to create this post so that you don’t have to so through the same torture. Here’s the step-by-step guide with snapshots
It’s really simple – 3 Steps
- Login to Analytics and go to the admin tab (right most)
- Select the property/account that you want to change the timezone for.
- Select the ‘View Settings’ tab in the ‘View’ (3rd/rightmost) column
- Scroll down and find the country and time zone option.
- Make changes as you wish, click save and exit.
If you have any other question about analytics post them in the comments. I will answer them as soon as I can and I will pick the most common ones for my next post. Freel free to click around and check other posts.
See you next time.